The ELK is a compact, battery powered lifting cushion for single handed care.
If someone falls over and they can shuffle on to the cushion or be rolled on from the recovery position and assisted to sit upright then the Elk can then be inflated at the touch of a button with someone supporting the individual from behind to bring them to a raise seated position ready to stand.
- The ELK emergency lifting cushion can be used in the tightest of spaces.
- Lifts up to 70 stone (450 kg)
- Portable – weighs just 3.6 kg and folds up for easy carrying
- Applicable for any age
- Simple to use
- Minimizing moving and handling risk – protects carers’ backs
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- Airflo controlled
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria:
- Charities – with a registered charity number.
- A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled‘ if he/she is a person:
✔ With a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
✔ Have a condition that doctors treat as a chronic sickness (e.g. diabetes).
✔ Who is terminally ill.
Guidance on eligibility is available from the National Advice Service on 0300 200 3700.
• You won’t qualify if you are only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as suffering from a broken leg or another temporary injury.
• Neither will you qualify if you are elderly but are otherwise able-bodied and don’t suffer from any chronic condition.