The Camel lifting chair wants to sit down and lift a fall person using single handed care techniques. With an inbuilt backrest and internal ring construction, the Camel offers a fully supportive lift. Using the simple hand control and compressor provided the camel is inflated. The Camel can be used anywhere, indoors or outside, and will lift a fall person with dignity while protecting both the carer and the person being lifted from injury.
- The Camel is particularly suitable for very large or bariatric people (lifts up to 50 stone / 320kg)
- Simple to use
- Appropriate for any age
- Packs away into a compact and discreet bag
- For use indoors or out
- Minimizing moving & handling risks
- Enhances independent living
- Battery operated
- Airflo controlled
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria:
- Charities – with a registered charity number.
- A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled‘ if he/she is a person:
✔ With a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
✔ Have a condition that doctors treat as a chronic sickness (e.g. diabetes).
✔ Who is terminally ill.
Guidance on eligibility is available from the National Advice Service on 0300 200 3700.
• You won’t qualify if you are only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as suffering from a broken leg or another temporary injury.
• Neither will you qualify if you are elderly but are otherwise able-bodied and don’t suffer from any chronic condition.