If you need more back support, the Archimedes is the perfect solution made by Mangar for single handed care.
Lower and raise yourself in and out of the bath on the reassuring and comfortable fixed position seat using the battery powered hand control.
- Great alternative to a walk-in bath
- Simple to fit or remove – separates into three pieces
- Battery operated – no dangerous power cables
- Fully waterproof hand control
- Safety feature: will only lower you into the bath when there is sufficient battery power to raise you back out again
- Lifts up to 165kg (26 stone)
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria:
- Charities – with a registered charity number.
- A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled‘ if he/she is a person:
✔ With a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
✔ Have a condition that doctors treat as a chronic sickness (e.g. diabetes).
✔ Who is terminally ill.
Guidance on eligibility is available from the National Advice Service on 0300 200 3700.
• You won’t qualify if you are only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as suffering from a broken leg or another temporary injury.
• Neither will you qualify if you are elderly but are otherwise able-bodied and don’t suffer from any chronic condition.