Fill our form to download your free research report, written by Dr Mark Hawker.

    VAT Relief

    If you are chronically sick or disabled you can claim VAT Relief on Winncare products.

    Who is eligible for VAT relief?

    To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you must fit the following criteria:

    1. Charities – with a registered charity number.
    2. A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled ‘if he/she is a person:

    With a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities.

    Have a condition that doctors treat as a chronic sickness (e.g., diabetes).

    ✔ Who is terminally ill.

    Guidance on eligibility is available from the National Advice Service on 0300 200 3700.

    You won’t qualify if you are only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as suffering from a broken leg or another temporary injury.
     Neither will you qualify if you are elderly but are otherwise able-bodied and don’t suffer from any chronic condition.


    Which Items are eligible?

    VAT Exemption applies to items designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled; at present, all items available to purchase from Winncare are eligible for VAT relief.

    What proof do we need to provide?

    In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability needs to be sent to us however it is an offense to make a false declaration.

    Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what their chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.


      I am claiming VAT exemption for…

      1. De